Timely, relevant and credible labour market information (LMI) is
a valuable resource for the oil and gas industry, government and
labour supply stakeholders. Labour market research and expert
analysis informs critical decisions regarding recruitment and
retention, education and training, workforce development and
personal career choices.
The Council has developed considerable expertise and stakeholder
support in identifying current and emerging labour market
trends regarding Canada's oil and gas industry. Our data,
forecasts and analysis cover an extensive range of occupations and
skills, geographic locations, industry sectors,
demographics and interpretation of historical patterns. Find our
more about our LMI
products and services.
The Canadian oil and gas industry is evolving - and so is the
Council. In order to continue our success and increase our ability
to respond to industry's needs strategically, LMI products and
services will be available for purchase for the first time this
The Council's LMI offers facts and
insight in to the petroleum industry for stakeholders todevelop and
implement effective workforce strategies and build a sustainable
workforce. Specifically, LMI can help:
- Companies plan successful retention and recruitment
- Recruiters and independent consultants understand future
markets for their business.
- Governments make effective decisions about labour, immigration
and training policies and programs.
- Education and training institutions align programs with
industry's occupational requirements.
- Industry associations champion their members' workforce
- Career practitioners, guidance counsellors and employment
officers make training, career or job recommendations.
- Professional associations promote their professions and support
- Job seekers plan their careers and/or identify current and
future employment opportunities.